1. What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, credit card information, Identification information required by TSA for safety of flight purposes or other details to help you with your experience.
2. When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or enter information on our site.
3. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
4. How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
5. Do we use 'cookies'?
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders .
7. Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
8. Third-party links
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
9. Notes specific to Google
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
10. California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously, however when requesting information that requires us to collect additional information the users will be prompted to AGREE to terms of EULA and this Policy.
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
11. Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
12. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 14 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
13. CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way if they are not individually addressed to a user.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests within 30 days from receipt.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email or by sending a reply with un-subscribe if email was sent directly to a single user.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from ALL correspondence.
14. Global Data Protection Regulation Compliance
The following information is provided in greater detail to comply with GDPR and is in effect as of May 25, 2018.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by TapJets or it’s related services is TAPJETS TECHNOLOGIES INC, 3707 Cypress Creek Parkway, Suite 103, Houston, Texas 77068. If you have any questions or comments please submit them via costumer contact form at the bottom of our home page.
For the purposes of this section when we say Fliers it means customers / users that charter private jet to fly their trip using our platform or purchase a Flight Auction. When we say Operators it means air-carriers that perform flights. When we say Agents it means Travel Agents or other resellers of our services. For the purposes of GDPR you hereby agree to clearly identify yourself as a resident of EU to TapJets and make an explicit request to be removed from any of the below mentioned data collection and usage practices. If we are unable to remove individual type of collection, TapJets may elect to terminate your account to stay in compliance with your request.
The below disclosures and policy incorporates preceding paragraphs and adds the following;
i. Information you provide
This may include:
• User profile: We collect information when you create or update your TapJets account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your TapJets account.
• Background check information: We may collect background check information if additional information is required to establish authenticity of your account. This may include information such as your social media presence and public records (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on TapJets’ behalf.
• Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. We may also receive demographic information about you from third parties such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, or other social media and public domain services.
• User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact TapJets customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact TapJets.
• Address book or calendar: If you permit the TapJets app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book for purposes such as facilitating social interactions through our services. If you permit the TapJets app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as TapJets related event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
ii. Information created when you use our services
This may include:
(a) Location Information
Depending on the TapJets services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi.
• If you are a an Operator partner, TapJets collects location information when the TapJets app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
• If you are a Flier, TapJets may collect location information when the TapJets app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, TapJets may also collect this information when the TapJets app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
• Fliers may use the TapJets app without enabling TapJets to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your TapJets app. For example, if you do not enable TapJets to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address or departure airport. In addition, location information will be collected from the Operator during your trip, even if you have not enabled TapJets to collect your location information.
(b) Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, flight information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
(c) Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Use description.
(d) Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
(e) Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and TapJets through the TapJets apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable fliers and operators, to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, TapJets receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. TapJets may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
iii. Information from other sources
These may include:
• User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
• Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
• Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
• Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
• TapJets business partners through which you create or access your TapJets account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Tappets’ APIs or whose API TapJets uses (such as when you book a flight we call on Google Maps and Flight Aware) for mapping.
• FAA Registration Database and Argus or Wyvern ratings for pilots and aircraft (If you are an Operator)
• Public and Government information on aircraft you own, operate or manage
• Financial services providers and credit bureaus (if you are a operator or credit requesting client).
• Publicly available sources.
• Marketing service providers.
TapJets may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
iv. How We Use Your Information
TapJets collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient private jet and car transportation, aircraft management software, and other products and services.
We also use the information we collect:
• To enhance the safety and security of our fliers and services
• For customer support
• For research and development
• To enable communications to or between fliers and operators
• To provide promotions or contests
• To facilitate more efficient communication between TapJets and fliers and operators.
• In connection with legal proceedings
TapJets does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
TapJets uses the information it collects for purposes including:
(a) Providing services and features
TapJets uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
• Create and update your account.
• Verify your identity.
• Enable flight transportation, aircraft tracking, and other services. This includes automated processing of your information to enable Dynamic Pricing in which the price of a ride is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, aircraft availability, estimated air traffic routes/delays, and the number of fliers and operators using TapJets at a given moment.
• Process or facilitate payments for those services.
• Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate financial transactions and safety audits in conjunction with our services.
• To track the progress of your flight or transportation.
• Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a pilot or operator, refer a friend to TapJets, split fares, or share your ETA or flight information.
• Enable features to personalize your TapJets account, such as creating favorite airports, and to enable quick access to previous searches and quotes.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
(b) Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
• Screening operators and pilots prior to each flight for our fliers and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent flights or providing services to TapJets by pilots or operators that do not meet our safety criteria or regulations. Using information from drivers’ devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among drivers regarding such behaviors.
• Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information
• Using operator and pilot ratings to encourage improvement by affected operators, and as grounds for removing operators with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information.
(c) Customer and Concierge support
TapJets uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
• Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
• Investigate and address your concerns
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses
(d) Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate other solutions and improvements in connection with our services.
(e) Communications among users
TapJets uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a pilot may text or call a flier to confirm various information related to flight or location.
(f) Communications from TapJets
TapJets may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
TapJets may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an TapJets user. Users in the EU have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information. TapJets may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services. Lastly, our aviation consultants may reach out to you to confirm your subscription or account opening and welcoming you to our services, or to assist with your flight searches.
(g) Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of TapJets' services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.